We are O2 DAO. Our goal to bring Olympus DAO cross-chain sustainably so that it can be the reserve currency of the blockchain (not just Ethereum). We are a small team of developers who run O2 DAO and have been focused on using gOhm as a reserve currency when it was still known as wsOHM.
Here's the current problem. The push to move gOhm cross-chain is currently a short term ploy. There are incentives right now on Trader joe for user's to stake their AVAX and gOHM pair, but these incentives aren't permanent. Zeus acknowledged this problem early on in one of his tweets, and as Ohmies, we feel the same way. In fact, we are largely inspired in testing our Zeus's hypothesis
To make Olympus truly cross chain and a reserve currency across multiple chains, we need an incentive structure that isn't fleeting like the farms on trader joe.
How O2 DAO can help
That is where we come in. Us, like other Phantom DAO over on the Fantom chain, help provide the incentive structure needed to sustain liquidity for gOhm in these cross-chained worlds.
On top of that, as Olympus DAO grows, there will be sub communities, and we have the aim of being the Olympus Dao community on Avax. As an Olympus DAO partner, we will participate actively on behalf of our users in voting and shaping Olympus' direction. We also plan to step in and fill in gaps where Olympus choose to spend less time on currently. For example, while Olympus might be focused on building out Olympus pro, our community might vote on a competing platform to abracadabra to provide lending and borrowing to Ohmies on Avax. The profits in these endeavour will then funnel back into the treasury to increase the RFV.
Our partnership with Olympus Dao will do a couple of things:
- We will simultaneously spread risk and help bring gOHM cross chain sustainably. \* Increase demand for gOHM by accepting gOHM into our treasury, and once gOHM is in our treasury, it will always be locked up in treasury without potential sell-off in a bear market. \* Better position Olympus DAO to be the reserve currency of the blockchain
- We envision deepening of our partnership with DAO-to-DAO swaps and other mechanisms which we will explore together as a community.
How Olympus DAO can help
What else do we ask of the OHMies?
- We want to coexist symbiotically. O2 DAO was started by a small group of Ohmies who truly believe in the project's long term vision.
- We would like to be Olympus’ de-facto partner on the Avax chain and continue to propagate all of the positive externalities Olympus has created over time.
- Guide us and help us grow. We are not looking for easy answers, but sustainable ways to make a community flourish. We are a small team of developers whose core skill is building, building a community is hard work, and we look on guidance to help continue to bring long term value to our members.
We look forward to receiving your comments and feedback!
O2 DAO Treasury Stats
- Around 60 gOHM in O2 DAO's treasury
- Around 0.8 wMEMO in O2 DAO's treasury
- Treasury Balance in USD: ~2M